Aggravated Assault Defense Lawyer
Call Experienced Criminal Attorney Matthew Konecky, PA
Now for a Consultation – 561.671.5995.
Conviction of Aggravated Assault Charges has Serious Consequences.
Under Florida State Law, aggravated assault is defined as an assault under the following circumstances:
- An assault committed with a deadly weapon without the intent to kill;
- An assault committed with an intent to commit a felony crime. This includes the intentional threat of violence by word or action that results in the fear of harm in another demonstrating the ability to cause harm.
If you are charged with aggravated assault and convicted, this is a third degree felony conviction. The penalties are severe and can include a prison sentence, probation and harsh fines. With an aggravated assault conviction in the State of Florida, you will also lose your right to carry a firearm. And, you will lose the right to vote.
In addition, conviction of such a charge not only permanently affects your reputation, but your ability to maintain a job seek employment. Lastly, this will result in a permanent criminal record.
Additional Penalties for Conviction of Aggravated Assault:
- Aggravated Assault with a Firearm: In Florida, if you are convicted of using a firearm in the commission of this crime, you will face a three (3) year minimum mandatory prison sentence upon conviction.
- Public Safety Servant Penalty: If convicted of aggravated assault against public safety servant, the Third Degree Felony is escalated to a Second Degree felony, which comes with a three (3) year minimum mandatory prison sentence. Public safety servants include law enforcement officers, firefighters or EMTs.
You Need an Experienced Criminal Lawyer – So Much is at Stake.
With so much on the line, it is extremely important that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately. Do not talk to the police or waive your right to remain silent. Any statements that you make will be used against you.
The Law Offices of Matthew Konecky, PA have extensive experience in dealing with criminal assault charges and are dedicated to seeking justice for our clients. We have handled thousands of cases with positive outcomes for our clients.
How We Defend Against Aggravated Assault Charges.
Aggravated Assault is recognized as a violent crime that requires a solid defense. As your criminal defense attorney, there are several strategies that we can use to defend you.
- Lack of sufficient evidence
- Unreasonable fear
- You acted in self defense
- No real threat evident in your actions
- Factual innocence of the charges against you.
Don’t wait until it is too late, your freedom and livelihood are at stake. Contact us now, so we can build the best defense strategy for your case. We have extensive knowledge and experience. You will receive our dedicated attention to your situation and ensure justice is served.
561.671.5995 or 954.272.6187
We represent clients in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami, including West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and surrounding areas.